Nitin Mukesh Mathur is an Indian playback singer known for his work as a playback singer in Hindi films as well as Bhajans. He has toured internationally, including to the United States in 1993, and a world tour in 2006 with his show Kal Ki Yaadein as a tribute to his father Mukesh.
|Full Name||Nitin Mukesh Mathur|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet inches– 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 75 kg
in pounds– 165 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Singing: Mera Naam Joker (1970)|
|Date of Birth||27 June 1950|
|Age (As of 2023)||72 Years of 2023|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|College/University||London School of Economics|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Travelling|
|Relationships & More|
• Neil Nitin Mukesh
• Naman Nitin Mukesh
• Neha Mukesh
|Parents||Father– Mukesh (Singer)
Mother– Sarla Trivedi
|Siblings||Brother– Mohnish Mukesh
Sister(s)– Rita, Nalini, Namrata (aka Amrita)
Some Lesser Known Facts about Nitin Mukesh
- Does Nitin Mukesh Smoke?: No
- Does Nitin Mukesh Drink Alcohol?: Not Known
- He is an Indian Playback Singer who is well-known for his notable work in Bhajans as well as Hindi Film Industry.
- He has inherited his singing skills from his father, who was also a renowned singer.
- At the age of 17, he started smoking. When his father, Mukesh, came to know this, he told him that if you really want to make your career in singing then you had to quit smoking. After that, he gave up smoking.
- He was sent to London School of Economics for his further studies, but due to the lack of interest in studies, he left his college and came back to India.
- After returning to India, he started working as an Assistant Director with Indian Film Director, Hrishikesh Mukherjee. He was the Assistant Director in Amitabh Bachchan and Rajesh Khanna starrer film, Namak Haraam (1973).
- Later, he started doing stage shows under his father’s guidance. He did several stage shows with his father, Mukesh and Lata Mangeshkar. In 1976, he lost his father, during a singing event in America.
- After his father’s death, he got a chance from Raj Kapoor to sing a song, “Woh Aurat Hai Too Mehbooba” in the film, Satyam Shivam Sundaram (1978). From here, his journey as a Playback Singer got started.
- He has worked with prominent music directors including Mohammed Zahur Khayyam, Bappi Lahiri, Laxmikant–Pyarelal, Anand–Milind, Rajesh Roshan, and others.
- He has lent his voice in several films for actors such as Shashi Kapoor, Manoj Kumar, Jackie Shroff, Anil Kapoor, and others.
- In 2006, he went on a world tour with his show, “Kal Ki Yaadein” as a tribute to his father.
- The name of his son, Neil Nitin Mukesh, was named after Neil Armstrong; an American Astronaut. This name was given by none other than veteran singer, Lata Mangeshkar.