Momar Sakanoko, a vibrant and ambitious teenager who was working his tail off in basketball in the hopes of becoming the next Kobe Bryant or LeBron James, two of the NBA’s great players is now a sports agent.
As sports tradition dictates, successors to great, legendary players will always exist; similarly to how LeBron James replaced Michael Jordan as the face of the NBA, the ambitious teenager was working hard to match his idols’ record as the NBA’s next great player in line.
|Full name||Momar Sakanoko|
|Nickname||Be Great Mo|
|Profession(s)||Former Professional Basketball Player, Sports Executive, Entrepreneur, Investor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters– 200 cm
in meters– 20.0 m
in feet & inches– 6’ 7”
|Social Media Profile(s)||• Instagram: @momarsakanoko
• Facebook: @momarsakanokofficial
• Twitter: @momarsakanoko
|Award||La Liga National Champion|
|Date of Birth||May 27, 1998|
|Age (As of 2023)||24 Years of 2023|
|School||Wesley Christian School|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Momar Sakanoko
Mother– Anna Dioum
|Net Worth (approx.)||$1.5 million-3 million (USD)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Momar Sakanoko
- Momar Sakanoko is a serial entrepreneur, founder of be great Company and former professional basketball player, who has recorded several wins on the court and off-the-court. Momar started playing basketball in Paris at eight and went on to play for the clubs, Union elite and Metropolitans 92, in his early teenage days. A former ESPN Top 100 Player, Momar’s professional career began right after high school and he has had successful stints in the basketball leagues of Argentina, the Czech Republic and Austria.
- Momar’s parents were born in Senegal, West Africa. They migrated to France, Western Europe, before their son’s birth. He gains his Senegalese citizenship from his parents.
- He was born on Children’s Day (27th of May) in 1998. He was birthed in France’s capital city – Paris. His father is Mr Momar Sakanoko while his mother is named Mrs Anna Dioum. His parents gave him the name: Momar Sakanoko.
- The Sakanokos are a family of four. Momar has a sister. They resided in a decent neighbourhood in France and practised the Muslim religion. The adults in the family ensured that the children were taught the importance of good morals from a young age.
- He spent his formative years living in Paris before he migrated to a different continent to pursue his dream of becoming a successful basketball player.
- Momar’s journey into basketball started when he was still right years old. He had begun practising the game at home with his sister. With time, his parents discovered that he was a natural when it comes to the sport.
- As a young boy, he played for Union elite and Metropolitans clubs, which were based in his community. He excelled in these clubs and made a name for himself as a very skilled basketball player.
- He was educated at a top-notch public school for his elementary and middle school education. He graduated with good grades from Wesley Christian School, Kentucky, for his high school education.
- When Momar moved to the United States, he joined a sporting institute: Wesley Christian School, Kentucky. He played for the school’s basketball team, for four years before going professionally.
- As a high school student, he was one of the best young basketball players in the country. He was ranked #84 on ESPN Top 100, joining the exclusive list of the top-rated high school players in the country.
- Despite offers from leading universities (and their basketball teams) in the country, Momar decided to go professional. He signed his first deal with a club in Austria. Thus, he migrated from the US back to Europe, to continue doing what he knew how to do best.