Quick Facts About Wagner Moura
|Celebrated Name||Wagner Moura|
|Nick Name||Wagner Moura|
|Birth Name||Wagner Maniçoba de Moura|
|Place Of Birth||Salvador, Bahia, Brazil|
|University||Federal University of Bahia|
|Spouse||Sandra Delgado (m. 2001)|
|Source of Wealth||Acting career|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Salary||$28, 474 per year|
|Height||5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm|
|Weight||70 kg or 154.5 lbs|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
- Being a Brazilian actor, filmmaker, musician, and journalist.
- For his role in “Elite Squad” (2007), its sequel: “Elite Squad: The Enemy Within” (2010) and “Elysium” (2013) as Spider.
What Ethnicity does Wagner Moura belong to?
The 44 years of Wagner Moura took birth on 27th June 1976 holding Brazilian nationality in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. He belongs to mixed ethnicity as he is of Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish origin. He was born in a Christian religious family with the real name of Wagner Manitoba de Moura. Wagner’s race is white and his present age is 44 which is celebrated back in 2020. He will be celebrating his 45th birthday in June 2021. His zodiac sign is Cancer. He is the son of his father, Jose Moura, and his mother, Alderiva Moura. His father is a sergeant in the Brazilian Air Force. He also has a younger sister named Lediane Moura.
Talking about Wagner’s education, he attended the Federal University of Bahia in Brazil and graduated with a degree in journalism.
How was the Career of Wagner Moura?
- Wagner Moura began his acting career appearing in “A Maquina” (“The Machine”), in 2000 whereas he also had small participation in the movie “Woman on Top” in the same year.
- He starred in a lead role as Zico in the drama “Carandiru” in 2003 as well as he worked on series and soap operas such as “Sexo Fragil” (“Weak Gender”, 2003), “JK” (2006), and “Paraiso Tropical” (“Tropical Paradise”, 2007).
- He later played Captain Nascimento on the acclaimed “Tropa de Elite” (“Elite Squad”) in 2007 which movie was a big hit launching Moura’s career internationally after receiving the Golden Bear for Best Film at the Berlin Festival.
- Wagner’s first big role was in the Hollywood science fiction “Elysium” (2013), where he appeared as Spider.
- After that, he was confirmed for the movie “The Magnificent Seven” in April 2015 however, due to a scheduling conflict with the Netflix series “Narcos”, Moura had to leave the project.
- As well, he debuted as a director on the movie “Marighella” in 2017.
- Furthermore, he is also the main vocalist and guitar player of the band Sua Mae (“Your Mother”). The group has one album entitled, “The Very Best of the Greatest Hits of Sua Mae”.
Awards and Achivements
- Cine Ceara Award for his role in “The Three Marias”
- Festival de Cine Iberoamericano de Huelva for his role in “Lower City”
- Premio Qualidade Brasil for his role in “Elite Squad”
- Rio de Janeiro International Film Festival for his role in “VIPs”
- Grande Premio do Cinema Brasileiro for his role in “Elite Squad: The Enemy Within”
Who is Wagner Moura married to?
Wagner Moura is a married guy. He was married to a photographer, Sandra Delgado in 2001, whom he met during a photoshoot in his early years as an actor. The couple is blessed with three children named, Bem Moura, Jose Moura, and Salvador Moura. They both share a passion for art and politics and belong to the organization “50 for Freedom” which is dedicated to eradicating slavery that still exists in far too many countries. Concerning Moura’s sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Wagner Moura’s Net Worth?
Talented guy, Wagner Moura has a net worth of $10 million as of 2021 and his salary is around $28, 474 per year as per sources. With his calm and easy-going personality, he is expected to get more popular in the coming years, and we can expect him to climb the ladders of success in the television industry. Wagner’s major source of income is from his acting career.
How tall is Wagner Moura?
The height of handsome actor, filmmaker, musician, and journalist, Wagner Moura is 5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm. He has a bodyweight of 70 kg or 154.5 lbs with an average body build. He has maintained his shape over the years with regular exercise it seems. Wagner has hazel eyes and black hair color.
Did You Know?
- Wagner received a 2016 Golden Globe nomination for his role as Pablo Escobar in the Netflix series Narcos.
- He also wrote and sang for the band Sua Mãe.
- He is a proponent of Transcendental Meditation.
- He also fluently speaks English and Spanish.
- He appeared in the film Woman On Top, starring Penelope Cruz.
- His zodiac sign is Cancer.
- He played the lead role of Pablo Escobar in the Netflix series “Narcos”.