|Timothy Joel Smith
He is a former state and national representative rower who won a medal at the 2005 World Championships. Also, he became the youngest Mayor of Stonnington following his election as a councilor for the City of Stonnington.
However, on October 31, 2021, Smith resigned as shadow attorney general after he was caught by police for crashing into a car while driving at more than two times the legal blood-alcohol limit. Thankfully, no one was injured in the crash. Besides, he is active on social media sites with over 17.6k followers on his verified Twitter account: @TimSmithMP.
What is Tim Smith Famous for?
- Famous as a Victorian Legislative politician.
Where is Tim Smith From?
Tim Smith was born on October 15, 1983, in Melbourne, United States. His birth name is Timothy Colin Smith. His nationality is Australian. Smith belongs to the White ethnicity while Libra is his zodiac sign.
Born and raised in Camberwell town of Melbourne, Tim grew up developing an interest in history and politics since his childhood. His father, Colin Smith, is an Australian former lightweight rower who was an eight-time national champion. He even competed with the Australian rowing team at the 1974 World Rowing Championships in Lucerne.
Smith was 9 years old when he went to attend Rugby School in the UK. Just a year later, he returned to Melbourne where he attended the Scotch College. It was during this time he began competing in rowing.
After high schooling, he went to attend Ormond College at the University of Melbourne, from where he graduated earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in history and politics.
At university, he represented the Victorian and Australian rowing teams, competing against the Melbourne University Boat Club. Later, he returned to the same university where he completed a master’s degree in international politics.
He was quite talented as he even had won a Hansard research fellowship to study at the London School of Economics.
Tim Smith’s Career Highlights
- Tim Smith started his career initially in the sports field when he got selected at a state level in the 2002 Victorian youth eight.
- He rowed with the team for two years until he was selected to stroke the Victorian lightweight four the Penrith Cup at the Interstate Regatta 2004.
- He made his Australian representative debut at the World Rowing Cup III in Lucerne in 2003.
- He then moved into the Australian senior squad in the lightweight eight winning a bronze medal at the 2004 World Rowing Championships.
- Following his sporting career, he began an internship with the Canberra Press Gallery.
- He then joined the Liberal Party in 2005.
- He worked as a political adviser in Australia and United Kingdom.
- He worked as a researcher for the UK Shadow Home Secretary, David Davis in 2007.
- He became the youngest Mayor of Stonnington following his election as a councilor for the City of Stonnington.
- He then worked as a management consultant in strategy and operations with Deloitte and also as a senior consultant working with the CEO of PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Winning the seat in the 2014 Victorian state election, he became the youngest member of the parliamentary Liberal Party.
- He was also appointed to be the Shadow Minister for Planning and Heritage, for Local Government, for Housing, and Population in December 2018.
- He also had been an outspoken critic of the Andrews government and health officials throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.
- However, just recently in October 2021, Smith resigned from the shadow cabinet position. It was after he crashed his car while driving under the influence of alcohol.
Tim Smith’s Marriage Details? Who is his Wife?
Tim Smith is a married man and has been married just once to date. His first and the only marriage was with his beautiful wife, Sarah Smith. The couple has been together for years and is currently residing in Victoria, Australia.
Just recently, Smith got into a controversy after he was caught up in a drinking and driving case after the Victorian Police reported a car collision in Power Street. He was found in a drunk state as he had his breath test reading of 0.131, which is more than two times the legal blood-alcohol limit.
He got fined under the Road Safety Act, and his license got suspended for 12 months. Later, in a statement, he revealed that he believed he was under the legal limit when he left dinner on October 30, 2021, but still the situation was worse. He issued an apology to his family, colleagues, constituents, and the people of Victoria for the serious error of judgment taking a big action of resigning from his position as shadow attorney general.
Tim Smith’s Net Worth
Tim Smith has quite good earnings from his professional career as a politician with his enrollment in the Victorian Legislative Assembly. Having his career started initially with the sports field, Smith never disappointed his team and continent even represented the team to international level. In his career as a part of the government for over a decade now, Smith had undoubtedly managed to earn a healthy amount including which she has a net worth estimated to be around $1.2 million.
Tim Smith’s Height and Weight
Tim Smith is a good-looking guy with average body weight in his late 30s. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 10inch. while his body weighs around 68kg. He has a fair complexion with brown hair and green eyes.