Sulabha Arya is an Indian actress in Hindi and Marathi film, television and stage industry. She is the wife of late veteran Indian cinematographer Ishan Arya and mother of cinematographer Sameer Arya and actor Sagar Arya. She is best known for her role of Shanti Masi in Sasural Genda Phool.
|Real Name||Sulabha Arya|
|Profession||Film, Television and Stage Actress|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|Debut||Film: Lorie (1984)
TV: Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi (1984)
|Awards||Screen Award for Best Comedian– Won for film Masoom (1997)|
|Date of Birth||15 July 1950|
|Age (As of 2023)||72 Years of 2023|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sulbha Arya:
- Sulbha Arya is a veteran Hindi and Marathi film, television and stage actress. She is president of Indian People’s Theatre Association (IPTA).
- She is the wife of late veteran Indian cinematographer Ishan Arya and mother of cinematographer Sameer Arya and actor Sagar Arya. She is best known for her role of Shanti Masi in Sasural Genda Phool.
- She is Hindu Maharashtrian who married Muslim Ishan Arya (Irshad Ahsan), who is the brother of Shabana Azmi, in Arya Samaj.
- Arya was part of the Indian television industry’s first sitcom, Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi, aired in 1984. Arya played the role of Kanta Ben in the 2003 dramedy film Kal Ho Naa Ho. She was last seen in Priyanka Chopra’s 2016 Marathi production, Ventilator.
- She has 2 sons. Her son Sameer Arya is a cinematographer and has directed films like Koyla (1997), Koi… Mil Gaya starring (2003) Hrithik Roshan and Preity Zinta, Shootout at Wadala (2013) starring John Abraham.
- Her second son, Sagar Arya is an actor and married to Anwesha Bhattacharya, daughter of Rinki and film director Basu Bhattacharya. Sagar is best known for his acting in Life on Mars (2006), A Short Stay in Switzerland (2009) and Love Aaj Kal (2009).
- Sulbha Arya and veteran actor Farooque Shaikh were best friends. Whenever they worked together in any film project they would throw pick fights, insult each other, dismiss other’s acting ability, and wonder why they were in the same room at all.
- In an interview, Sulbha Arya said that she thinks Farooque Shaikh was her second husband.
- She has taught the subject of Logic and Psychology for more than 25 years in MVLU College, Andheri, Mumbai.