Shabana Azmi is an Indian actress of Hindi film, television and theatre. One of India’s most acclaimed actresses, Azmi is known for her portrayals of distinctive, often unconventional female characters across several genres.
|Full Name||Shabana Kaifi Azmi|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Social Activist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 6″
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Date of Birth||18 September 1950|
|Age (As of 2023)||72 Years of 2023|
|Birth Place||Hyderabad, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|School||Queen Mary School, Mumbai|
|College||St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Psychology|
|Debut||Film– Ankur (1974)|
|Family||Father– Late Kaifi Azmi (Poet)
Mother– Shaukat Azmi (Stage Actress)
Brother– Baba Azmi (Cinematographer)
|Address||702, Sagar Samrat, Greenfields, Juhu, Mumbai, India|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Listening to Music, Watching Movies, Reading|
|Controversies||• Her shaved head and kissing scene with Nandita Das in the movie Fire.
• Kissed on cheek by Nelson Mandela on his visit to India in 1993 arised controversy.
• Had a social networking war with the makers of I Don’t Luv You because of the words of song Ishq ki maa ki.
• Critized remarks by Naseeruddin Shah after he called Farhan Akhtar’s performance ‘fake’ in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag.
|Favourite Food||Hyderabadi Biryani|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Shashi Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Dev Anand|
|Favourite Actresses||Madhubala, Nargis|
|Favourite Colour(s)||Red, Blue, Black|
|Favourite Destination||New York and London|
|Favourite Book||Chokher Bali|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Shekhar Kapur (Filmmaker)
Javed Akhtar (Writer)
|Husband/Spouse||Javed Akhtar (m. 1984-present)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shabana Azmi
- Does Shabana Azmi smoke?: No
- Does Shabana Azmi drink alcohol?: No
- She acted in more than 100 films and has won 5 National Award and 4 Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
- Bollywood actresses Tabu and Farah Naaz are her nieces.
- She has been an pro-active socialist and supported slum dwellers, displaced Kashmiri Pandit migrants and victims of the earthquake at Latur, Maharashtra.
- She did a 4 day long march for communal harmony from New Delhi to Meerut in 1989.
- She was privileged with the Honorary Doctorate in Art by Chancellor of the University Brandan Foster by the Leeds Metropolitan University in Yorkshire.