Sehba Musharraf was born on Friday, 18 February 1948 (age 74 years; as of 2022) in Okara, Pakistan. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius. She attended St. Joseph’s College for Women, Pakistan.
|Other Name||• First Lady of Pakistan
• Begum Sehba Musharraf
|Known for||Being the wife of former President of Pakistan, Pervez Musharraf|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||18 February 1948 (Wednesday)|
|Age (As of 2023)||74 Years of 2023|
|College/University||St. Joseph’s College for Women, Pakistan|
|Political Inclination||All Pakistan Muslim League|
|Controversy||In 2018, Sehba attracted controversy when she was summoned by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in multibillion corruption probe. She and her husband were questioned about the 10 expensive properties they bought. The notice issued to her read,
You are hereby called upon to appear along with your CNIC on 10th July 2018 at 10.00 am at NAB (R) before Malik Zubair Ahmad, Deputy Director IW-1, for recording statement along with complete details of sale and purchase of below-mentioned properties/vehicles.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||28 December 1968|
|Husband/Spouse||Pervez Musharraf (former Chief Minister of Pakistan)|
|Children||Son– Bilal (Chartered Accountant)
Daughter– Ayla Raza (architect
|Parents||Father– Name Not Known (judge)
Mother– Name Not Known (homemaker)
Sister– She has two sisters, and one of her sister’s name is Huma Khaishgi.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sehba Musharraf
- Sehba Musharraf is a Pakistani woman who is known for being the wife of wife of former President of Pakistan, Pervez Musharraf.
- When they got married to each other, she was twenty years old.
- When she was young, she worked as a school principal in Kharian, Pakistan. She has also taught in many army schools.
- In 1999, before getting married to Pervez Musharraf, she used to give ideas and strategizes to her husband, who took chief authority of Pakistan in 1999.
- In 2001, she visited India with her husband, who had come to attend the Indo-Pak summit. During her visit, she went to the Taj Mahal and other monuments of India.
- Sehba Musharraf with her husband during a visit to India
- In 2005, she visited India with her husband to attend a weekend of prayers, peace talks, and cricket.
- In 2006, she made remarks at George Washington University School of Media on women’s life in Pakistan and the transformation in the country.
- In 2009, she gifted sapphire jewelry, silk lengths, and cashmere pashmina worth $680 to the First Lady of the US, Laura Bush.
- In 2011, it was reported that she held UAE Dirhams 17,000,000 in a joint account in Union National Bank, Abu Dhabi, with her husband.
- In 2013, she had invested Rs. 19,61,465 in the shares of Bank Alfalah, but her money went missing.
- In 2013, when her husband was put under house arrest, she would live in the whole house except for the room where her husband was living, and she was only allowed to see him during prescribed visiting hours.
- In 2014, she submitted an application to the ministry of interior, requesting the removal of her husband’s name from the Exit Control List (ECL).
- In 2014, she came to meet her unwell husband in Dubai, who was admitted to the Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology (AFIC)’s intensive care unit (ICU).
- In 2016, her husband’s moveable and immovable property was attached in the high treason case. Sehba filed an objection against the accusation against her husband stating that the immovable properties of her husband were gifted to her, and her daughter, Ayla.
- In 2018, her children were summoned by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in a corruption case.
- After her marriage, she started working for the empowerment of women in backward areas and was elected the chairperson of the Asia Pacific Women’s Organisation.