Sanah Moidutty is an Indian singer songwriter. She has been trained in Carnatic and Hindustani classical music as well as western vocals, and performs Indian classical and pop music.
|Profession(s)||Singer, Songwriter, and YouTuber|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 163 cm
in meters– 1.63 m
in feet & inches– 5’4″
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Bollywood: Title track of the film Always Kabhi Kabhi (2011)
Tamil: ‘Mei Nigara’ from the film 24 (2016)
Telugu: ‘Manasuke’ from the film 24 (2016)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• 2019: RED FM Malayalam Music Awards – Best Female Singer on Digital Platforms
• 2017: Asiavision Movie Awards – Singing Sensation of the Year for the song ‘Afeemi’ from the film “Meri Pyaari Bindu”
|Date of Birth||1 July 1991 (Monday)|
|Age (As of 2023)||32 Years of 2023|
|School||Mary Immaculate Girls’ High School, Mumbai|
|College/University||St. Francis Institute of Technology (SFIT), Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||B. Tech in Computer Science from St. Francis Institute of Technology (SFIT), Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Reading, Travelling, Watching Funny Videos, and Doing Photography|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Moidutty (Bank Manager)
Mother– Razia (Homemaker
|Siblings||Sister– Sajitha Moidutty|
|Food||Murugan Idli, South Indian Cuisine, Chaat, Paani Puri|
|Book||Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand|
|Singer(s)||K. S. Chitra, Sonu Nigam, Beyonce, India Arie, Sia, Michael Jackson|
|Musician||A. R. Rahman|
|Travel Destination(s)||Chennai, Austria|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanah Moidutty
- Her father belongs to Pattambi in Kerela, and her mother belongs to Areekode in Kerela, whereas she was born and brought up in the city of dreams.
- Her mother is a trained Carnatic classical vocalist, who understood Sanah’s talent in music and also influenced her to pursue music.
- Sanah started learning music at the tender age of 5. She has been mentored by Sundari Gopalakrishnan in Carnatic Classical Music for six years, Madhuvanti Pethe in Hindustani Classical Music for seven years, Samantha Edwards in Western vocals, Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan Sahab in Hindustani music, and Sunil Borgaonkar in Hindustani Classical Music.
- At the age of 7, she performed in stage for the first time. In a year, she joined a children’s music troupe called ‘Bacchon Ki Duniya’. As part of the group and solo, she performed in over 500 stage shows.
- In 2007, she became the 1st runner up in Hindustan Times Voice of Mumbai contest.
- Sanah was still pursuing her graduation when she made her debut with the title track of ‘Always Kabhi Kabhi’ (2011). The offer from Bollywood came her way when one of the judges of the talent hunt competition (held in her college) spotted her and gave her a chance to sing for the film Always Kabhi Kabhi.
- She has given her voice to the songs like Moto Ghotalo from Gori Tere Pyar Mein (2013), Raghupati Raghav from the Attacks of 26/11 (2013), Tu Hai from Mohenjodaro (2016), Afeemi from Meri Pyari Bindu (2017).
- In 2012, she decided to start her own YouTube channel and uploaded a video of rendition of the song ‘Manmarziyan,’ followed by ‘O Rangrezz.’ She is very popular on Youtube and is often seen with Sanam (band).
- She has also given her voice for many TV commercials for brands like Cinthol and EVA Deodorants.
- She has also collaborated in various events like Jammin, On TV Show Star Trek on Fox Life, and MTV Unplugged. She has done live shows across the globe both solo and in collaboration with Vishal-Shekhar, Keerthi Sagathia, Sanam (band), and Ash King.
- She is a multilingual singer and can sing in many languages including English, Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Bengali, Punjabi, Gujarati, and Kannada.
- She terms A. R. Rahman as her idol. At first, she sent her voice samples to A. R. Rahman, who replied to her almost after two years with an ofter to work with her. Talking about her first meeting with him, she said,
- A. R. Rahman and Sanah worked for the first time in Hrithik Roshan starrer Mohenjodaro (2017) in which she sang three songs.