Rudolph William Louis Giuliani is an American politician and lawyer who served as the 107th Mayor of New York City from 1994 to 2001. He previously served as the United States Associate Attorney General from 1981 to 1983 and the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York from 1983 to 1989.
|Real Name||Rudolph William Louis Giuliani|
|Profession||Politician, Businessman & Lawyer|
|Party||Democratic (before 1975)
|Political Journey||• In 1968, he joined the Democratic Party and campaigned for Robert F. Kennedy’s presidential campaign.
• In 1975, he switched form the Democratic Party to Independent.
• On 8 December 1980, he switched from the Independent to the Republican Party.
• In September 1989, he won Republican Party primary election against Ronald Lauder (Business Magnate).
• In 2000, he ran for the U.S. Senate.
• He campaigned for George W. Bush in the 2004 U.S. Presidential election.
• In 2008, he campaigned in the U.S. Presidential election.
• In 2016, he supported Donald Trump in the U.S. Presidential election.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.8 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11″
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 74 kg
in Pounds- 163 lbs
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||28 May 1944|
|Age (As of 2023)||79 Years of 2023|
|Birth Place||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|School||Catholic school, St. Anne’s, Nassau County, New York, United States
Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School, Brooklyn, New York, United States
|College||Manhattan College, Bronx, New York City, United States
New York University School of Law, New York City, United States
|Educational Qualifications||BA from Manhattan College
JD from New York University
|Debut||In 1968, when he joined the Democratic Party and volunteered for Robert F. Kennedy’s presidential campaign|
|Family||Father– Harold Angel Giuliani
Mother– Helen Giuliani
6350 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
|Controversies||In February 2015, he was criticized for his racist comment on Barack Obama (the then President of the USA). He commented- “I do not believe, and I know this is a horrible thing to say, but I do not believe that the president [Barack Obama] loves America”, and “He doesn’t love you. And he doesn’t love me. He wasn’t brought up the way you were brought up and I was brought up, through love of this country.”|
|Favorite Food||Hamburgers or steak on the grill|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Regina Peruggi (1968–1982)
Donna Hanover (1984–2002)
Judith Nathan (2003-present)
|Wife||Regina Peruggi (Married 1968–1982)
Donna Hanover (Married 1984–2002)
Judith Nathan (Married 2003–present)
|Children||Son– Andrew Giuliani (from 2nd wife Hanover)
Daughter– Caroline Giuliani (from 2nd wife Hanover)
|Net Worth||$45 Million (approx.)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rudy Giuliani
- Does Rudy Giuliani smoke?: Not Known
- Does Rudy Giuliani drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born in an Italian-American enclave in the New York City borough of Brooklyn.
- He was born as the only child of working-class parents.
- His parents were 1st-generation Americans and were children of Italian immigrants.
- His father, Harold Angelo Giuliani, was convicted of assault, felony and robbery.
- At the age of 7, he moved from Brooklyn to Garden City South along with his family in 1951.
- During his college days, he considered becoming a priest.
- In his sophomore year, he was elected President of his class.
- He started his political life as a Democrat then switched to Independent and finally to the Republican Party.
- From 1994 until 2001, he served as the Republican Mayor of New York City.
- His leadership was widely praised during the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center in 2001 and for which media dubbed him as “America’s Mayor”.
- In the early 2000, he was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer.
- He also ran for U.S. President in 2008, which he dropped out later.
- During the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election, he campaigned heavily for Donald Trump.