Ripal Vinubhai Patel is an Indian cricketer. He made his List A debut on 24 September 2019, for Gujarat in the 2019–20 Vijay Hazare Trophy. He made his Twenty20 debut on 11 November 2019, for Gujarat in the 2019–20 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
|Full name||Ripal Vinubhai Patel|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 172 cm
in meters– 1.72 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 8”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||ODI– Did not play yet
Test– Did not play yet
T20– Did not play yet
|Jersey Number||# 77 (Gujarat)
# 28 (Delhi Capitals)
|Domestic/State Team||Delhi Capitals (IPL)
|Batting Style||Right hand bat|
|Bowling Style||Right arm medium fast|
|Date of Birth||28 September 1995|
|Age (As of 2023)||27 Years of 2023|
|Tattoos||• Black Band tattoo on left forearm.
• ‘R’ alphabet tattoo on right forearm.
• Tribal tattoo on right forearm
|Relationships & More|
|Cricketer||Batsman– Sachin Tendulkar
Bowler– Mitchell Starc
|Cricket Ground||M. A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai|
|Actress||Aishwarya Rai Bachchan|
|Net Worth (approx.)||20 Lakh|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ripal Patel
- Ripal Patel is an Indian cricketer, who plays as an all-rounder for Gujarat at a domestic level and Delhi capitals in the IPL 2021 season.
- Ripal Patel started his journey playing tennis ball cricket and eventually joining a cricket academy in Kheda district, Gujarat.
- Ripal Patel was clear in his mind that he wanted to become a cricketer from a young age. His family supported his decision and backed him.
- It was tough for Ripal Patel to develop and hone his cricketing skills due to the lack of sports infrastructure in his hometown Nadiad, Gujarat.
- In 2019, Ripal Patel made his List A debut in Vijay Hazare Trophy against Bengal scoring nine runs on his debut.
- Ripal Patel has played 11 T20 matches and scored 191 runs with an average of 31.83. His highest score in T20 innings is 41 runs at the domestic level.
- Ripal Patel still does not have a half-century to his name at the domestic level.
- His Gujarat teammate Axar Patel, who also trained under the same coach Vishwajeet Solanki, helped him in developing his game to another level. Ripil Patel always seems pretty thankful to Axar Patel for his contribution to his game.
- Ripal Patel failed to get listed in the player auction of the IPL 2020 season due to his poor performance domestically in 2019. Ripil Patel also trialed for Rajasthan Royals but it didn’t work out for him.
- Ripal Patel’s impressive performance in the Syed Mushtaq Ali trophy against Chhattisgarh brought him into the limelight, where he scored 30 runs of an over.
- In 2021, Ripal Patel was bought by Delhi capitals for 20 lakh INR ahead of IPL. It would be a great learning curve for him to be surrounded by great players such as Shikhar Dhawan, Steve Smith, Rishabh Pant, Marcus Stoinis, Ravichandran Ashwin, and Chris Woakes.