Radhabai Kharge is the wife of Indian politician Mallikarjun Kharge.
|Real name/Full name||Radhabai Mallikarjun Kharge|
|Hometown||Gulbarga (now Kalaburagi), Karnataka|
“Lumbini” Aiwan-e-Shahi Area, Gulbarga, Karnataka-585102
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||13 May 1968|
|Husband/Spouse||Mallikarjun Kharge (politician)
Note: Mallikarjun Kharge is a member of the Indian National Congress (INC). On 16 February 2021, he started serving as a Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha. Previously, he held the charge of the Ministry of Railways and Ministry of Labour and Employment in the central government and served as the Leader of Opposition in the Karnataka Legislative Assembly.
|Children||Son(s)– Priyank Kharge (politician), Rahul Kharge (works as an advisor for IT companies), Milind Kharge
Daughter(s)– Priyadarshini Kharge (doctor), Jayashree Kharge
• Cash: Rs 2,50,000
• Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions and Non-Banking Financial Companies: Rs 66,39,538
• Bonds, Debentures and Shares in companies: Rs 25,9,982
• Jewellery: Rs 29,35,500
Note: The given estimates of movable and immovable assets are according to the financial year 2017-2018. It excludes the assets owned by her husband and dependents (minor).
|Net Worth (as of 2018)||Rs 6,96,16,768
Note: It excludes the net worth of her husband and dependents (minors).
Some Lesser Known Facts About Radhabai Kharge
- Radhabai Kharge is the wife of Indian politician Mallikarjun Kharge.
- In 2011, Radhabai Kharge’s daughter Priyadarshini came into the spotlight for availing a site in the judicial layout. Priyadarshini was not eligible to purchase this land as she is a doctor by profession and the land was reserved for judicial employees. Apparently, Priyadarshini purchased site number 1,448 in Yelahanka (Allalasandra), a suburb of Bangalore on 15 January 2002 for Rs 1,96,837 (while the market value ran in crores). By availing the land, measuring 3,280 sq ft, she would have violated Clause-10 of the Model Bye-laws of HBCSs which deals with the rights of members. Clause-10(B) says: “He/she in the case of Employee House Building Society is an employee of the organisation for which the society has been organised and has put in a minimum continuous or intermittent service of five years in Karnataka.” However, in light of the allegations, Priyadarshini returned the land in question to the Karnataka State Judicial Department Employees House Building Co-operative Society (KSJDEHBCS) in 2011.
- In 2019, the BJP unit of Karnataka filed a complaint with the Election Commission against Mallikarjun Kharge for entering the polling station with his wife, Radhabai Kharge, and casting the votes together. In the complaint, the party said.