Olga Nawoja Tokarczuk is a Polish writer, activist, and public intellectual. She is one of the most critically acclaimed and successful authors of her generation in Poland; in 2019, she was awarded the .
|Writer, Essayist, Poet, Screenwriter, Psychologist
|Man Booker International Prize 2018
|Physical Stats & More
|Date of Birth
|29 January 1962
|Age (As of 2024)
|62 Years of 2024
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign
|University of Warsaw
|Graduate in Psychology
|Awards, Honours, Achievements
|• Nike Award: 2008
• German-Polish International Bridge Prize: 2015
• Man Booker International Prize: 2018
|She faced a lot of criticism and even recieved death threats over her remarks on Poland’s History. She was attacked by Nowa Ruda Patriots association and asserted her as Anti-Patriotic.
|Boyfriends, Affairs & More
|Grzegorz Zegadło (Translator)
|Name Not Known (Ex-Husband; a Psychologist)
|Son– Name Not Known (From her Ex-Husband)
Daughter– Name Not Known
|Father– Not Known (Teacher)
Mother– Not Known (Teacher)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Olga Tokarczuk
- Does Olga Tokarczuk smoke?: Not Known
- Does Olga Tokarczuk drink ?: Not Known
- Since her childhood, she had a keen interest in writing.
- Her parents were both teachers who had decorated her house with books. It was a breeding place for a future author.
- She used to write poems in her teens.
- She studied Psychology in her graduation and was trained as a psychologist at the University of Warsaw.
- She had a keen interest in abnormal psychology.
- During her studies, she volunteered in an asylum for adolescents suffering from behavioral problems.
- After completing her studies, she began practicing as a therapist.
- She married a psychologist and had a son with him.
- She felt miserable after working five years in the hospital, so she decided to quit her job and publish her literary works.
- Her debut novel “The Journey of the Book-People” was an instant hit.
- She won The Nike Book Award in 2008 where she was unanimously selected by the judges.
- She is regarded as the most admired writer in Poland.
- She is a member of ‘The Greens’ (a Political Party in Poland).
- She has been the subject to death threats in Poland after in an interview she said that Poland has committed “horrendous acts” of colonization in its history.