Leroy Sane’s net worth, fact, career, awards, biography & life story
Quick Facts About Leroy Sane
|Celebrated Name||Leroy Sane|
|Birth Name||Leroy Aziz Sane|
|Place Of Birth||Essen, Germany|
|Source of Wealth||Football career|
|Net Worth||20 Million Euro (18,5 Million Pound)|
|Height||6 ft 0 in / 183 cm|
|Weight||165 lb / 75 kg|
|Current Team||Bayern Munich|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Phil Foden suggests Man City could repeat Leroy Sane transfer trick with Bernardo Silva
As far back as two summers ago, Pep Guardiola saw the Manchester City youngster as capable enough to plug any gap when Bayern Munich came calling for Leroy Sane. When the German giants finally got their man a year later, faith was put in Foden to cover for both the departing winger and the farewell from club legend David Silva.
- Being a German professional footballer.
- For playing as a winger for Bundesliga club Bayern Munich and the German national team.
What is the Birthplace of Leroy Sane?
Born with the real name of Leroy Aziz Sane, Leroy’s birthplace is Essen, Germany. However, he grew up near the Lohrheidestadion, Wattenscheid. He took birth on 11th January 1996 holding German nationality. He came from German-black ethnic background. Leroy’s race is black and his religion is Christian. He has celebrated his 25th birthday as of 2021. As per his birthdate, his star sign is Capricorn. He is the son of former German rhythmic gymnast, the 1984 Summer Olympics bronze medalist Regina Weber (mother), and former footballer and Senegalese international Souleymane Sane (father). He has two brothers, Kim and Sidi, who have played for the youth side or second XI of major German football clubs.
How was the Football Career of Leroy Sane?
- Leroy Sane kicks off his football career playing for the youth team of SG Wattenscheid 09 in 2001 after which he joined Schalke 04 in 2005. Three years later, he joined Bayer Leverkusen.
- Leroy signed a three-year professional contract with Schalke extending until 30th June 2017 on 21st March 2014 and made his Bundesliga debut on 20th April 2014 against VfB Stuttgart.
- On 13th December of the following year, he scored his first goal of the season in a 2-1 home defeat to 1. FC Koln whereas he scored in his first UEFA Champions League match in a 4-3 victory over Real Madrid on 11th March 2015.
- Sane joined Premier League club Manchester City on 2nd August 2016, signing a five-year contract for a reported 37 million pounds transfer fee where he made his debut in a 1-2 win, in the Manchester derby against Manchester United, on 10th September.
- On 18th December, his first goal for City came in a 2-1 win against Arsenal at home in the Premier League.
- He then made his return in a game against Tottenham Hotspur and scored in a 2-2 draw at the City of Manchester Stadium on 21st January 2017.
- He scored in a 3-0 away win over Crystal Palace in the FA Cup fourth-round match on 28th January.
- He scored in a 5-3 comeback win over Monaco in the Champions League round of 16 first leg match on 21st February and scored the opening goal in an eventual 2-2 draw with Arsenal on 2nd April.
- Later, he scored his first two goals of the 2017-2018 season in City’s 5-0 home win against Liverpool on 9th September 2017 as well as he scored twice in a 2-1 away win over West Bromwich Albion in the third round match of the League Cup on 20th September.
- As well, he earned the Premier League Player of the Month award for October 2017 and scored in a 4-1 win in the FA Cup third round over Burnley on 6th January 2018.
- He was also voted PFA Young Player of the Year for his part in Manchester City’s 2017-2018 Premier League title win.
- Leroy scored the opening goal and his first of the 2018-2019 season in City’s 3-0 home win against Fulham on 15th September 2018 as well as he scored the winning goal for Manchester City in the 72nd minute of the game against Liverpool on 3rd January 2019.
- He scored the second and final goal in a match against Manchester United during the 66th minute to secure City a Manchester derby win on 24th April 2019 which was his first Manchester derby goal.
- He rejected a contract extension at Manchester City in June 2020, with Guardiola stating that Leroy would leave the club in the summer.
- Bayern Munich agreed to sign a five-year deal with Leroy for an initial 45 million euros with add-ons rising to a potential 60 million euros on 3rd July 2020.
- He scored on his Bundesliga debut in an 8-0 win against former club FC Schalke 04 and scored his first Champions League goal for Bayern Munich in a 6-2 away win over Red Bull Salzburg in the 2020-2021 season on 3rd November 2020.
- On 28th August 2015, Leroy Sane was first called up to the Germany under-21 team by youth coach Horst Hrubesch for the friendly against Denmark and for the 2017 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifier against Azerbaijan.
- He made his debut for the German U21 side in a 2-1 win at Stadion an der Lohmuhle in Lubeck against Denmark on 3rd September 2015.
- He then received his first senior call-up to the German senior team on 6th November 2015 in a friendly against France whereas he was substituted in the 61st-minute for Julian Draxler in a friendly match against France in Saint-Denis on 13th November 2015.
- Also, Leroy was selected by Germany boss Joachim Low to represent the country at UEFA Euro 2016 and was participated in one match, replacing Bastian Schweinsteiger on 79 minutes in Germany’s 2-0 semi-final defeat to France.
- On 4th June 2018, he was omitted from Germany’s final 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in favor of another young player Julian Brandt.
- Sane scored his first goal for Germany against Russia following an assist from Serge Gnabry on 16th November 2018 whereas the goal came in the eighth minute of the game as Germany won 3-0.
- Additionally, he was selected to the squad for the UEFA Euro 2020 on 19th May 2021.
- Bayern Munchen 03/07/2020 for 50M €
- Manchester City 02/08/2016 for 50.5M €
- FC Schalke 04 01/07/2015 From FC Schalke 04 U19
Awards and Achievements
- Premier League: 2017-2018, 2018-2019
- FA Cup: 2018-2019
- EFL Cup: 2017-2018, 2018-2019
- FA Community Shield: 2018, 2019
- Bundesliga: 2020-2021
- UEFA Super Cup: 2020
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2020
- FIFA Confederations Cup: 2017
- PFA Young Player of the Year: 2017-2018
- Premier League Player of the Month: October 2017
- VDV Newcomer of the Season: 2014-2015
Who is Leroy Sane Dating?
Unmarried footballer, Leroy Sane is currently in a romantic relationship with his beautiful girlfriend Candice Brook. Brook is an R&B singer who has released a few singles. Sane became a father himself as his girlfriend gave birth to their daughter Rio Stella in September 2018. The couple’s relation is expectational till now and hopes it will remain as same as in the future too. Concerning Sane’s sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Leroy Sane?
Leroy Sane is a very skillful and successful footballer. The estimated net worth of Sane is around 20 million euros (18,5 million pounds) as of 2021. His present market value is €60 Million as of December 2020 whereas his highest market value is €100 Million as of December 2018. At present, he is receiving £15,496,000 as an annual salary whereas his weekly wages is around £298,000. His major source of wealth comes from his football career and he is satisfied with his earnings.
How tall is Leroy Sane?
Leroy Sane is a very handsome and cool guy. He has a perfect height of 6 ft 0 in / 183 cm. His balanced weight consists of 165 lb / 75 kg. His body build is athletic. He has maintained his body a lot by doing frequent exercise. His eye color is brown and his hair color is black. This talented footballer, Leroy has got very attractive body measurements.
Did You Know?
- Sane first started playing youth soccer in 2001 when he joined SG Wattenscheid.
- He spent time with Schalke and Bayern Leverkusen’s youth teams as well.
- He first represented Germany in 2014, joining their U19 side.
- He also played with the U21 side before joining the senior national team in 2015.
- He established himself in the 2015-2016 season with Schalke of the Bundesliga.