Khan was born in a Muslim family in Deoband, a town in the Saharanpur district of Uttar Pradesh, India in 1975. He is the father of two kids, a son and a daughter. A businessman, he ventured into the Indian film industry during the 2000s.
He started out as a producer and writer for films and has also appeared in supporting roles therein, these include the Hindi romance-drama Sitam (lit. ’Tyranny’; 2005) directed by Partho Ghosh, the Bhojpuri films Tu Hamaar Hou (lit. ’You Are Mine’; 2006) directed by Jayprakkash Shaw, Munna Pandey Berozgaar ( ’Munna Pandey Unemployed’; 2007) directed by Manish Jain; romance and comedy films respectively.
|Real Name||Kamaal Khan|
|Profession||Singer, Actor, Songwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 76 kg
in Pounds- 168 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 34 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
|Date of Birth||12 March 1972|
|Age (As of 2023)||50 Years of 2023|
|Birth Place||Highgate, North London|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Highgate, North London|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||Singing: O Oh Jaane Jana (1996)
Acting: Jo Bole So Nihaal (2005)
|Family||Father– Not Known
Brother– Not Known
Sister– Not Known
|Favorite Actor||Vinod Khanna|
|Favorite Singer||George Michael|
|Favorite Songs||Father Figure, When Doves Cry|
|Favorite TV Show||Big Boss|
|Favorite Holiday Destination||Dubai|
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Amrita Arora (Malaika Arora’s younger sister)
Shilpi Sharma (former actress)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kamaal Khan:
- Does Kamaal Khan Smoke: Not Known
- Does Kamaal Khan drink alcohol: Not Known
- Kamaal wrote and produced his first single ‘O Oh Jaane Jaana’ which was earlier released in London in 1996. It was an instant hit in the UK and was released worldwide in 1998. The song was also featured in Bollywood film ‘Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya’ starring Salman Khan and Kajol. The song had a record sale of over 10 million copies.
- Looking at his debut song’s success, the record label HMV (EMI India) signed him in late 1997.
- Kamaal won ‘R.D.Burman Filmfare Award in 1999 for the ‘Most Promising Upcoming Talent.’ He became the first UK born to receive a Filmfare Award since its introduction in 1954.
- He is the prime witness of Salman Khan’s 2002 hit-and-run case. Kamaal was seated in the back seat of Salman’s Toyota Land Cruiser when he rammed it into the pavement dwellers which resulted in a death and injured four others who were sleeping on the footpath in Bandra.
- In 2008, he was a contestant on NDTV Imagine’s singing reality show ‘Dhoom Macha De.’ The show was a 26-episode series that marked the launch of the channel.
- Though he has given a statement to the police that Salman was driving the car at the time of the incident, he left the country under mysterious circumstances in 2008. His then-partner Shilpi said that even she was unaware of his overnight absence.