James Bradberry IV is an American football cornerback for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League. He played college football at Samford, and was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the second round of the 2016 NFL Draft.
|Place Of Birth||Pleasant Grove, Alabama|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Famous For||Drafted in the second round of the 2016 NFL Draft|
|Father||James Bradberry Sr.|
|High School||Pleasant Grove High School|
|College / University||Samford University|
|Career Start||Drafted in the 2016 NFL Draft|
|Current Team||New York Giants|
|First Club||Carolina Panthers|
|Awards||Named to Pro Bowl in 2020|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||212 lbs (96 kg)|
|Hair Style||Clean shaved|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Salary||Around $15 million|
|Source of Wealth||Football (Contracts, Salaries, Endorsements)|
|Net Worth||Around $2 million|
What is James Bradberry Famous For?
- Drafted in the second round of the 2016 NFL Draft.
Where is James Bradberry From?
James Bradberry was born on 4 August 1993. His birth name is James Bradberry IV. His birth place is in Pleasant Grove, Alabama in the United States. He belongs to the African-American ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. He was born to his father, James Bradberry Sr., and his mother, Rosie Bradberry. He has a sister named Takia. Following his parent’s divorce, he and his sister were raised by his mother as a single mother.
He attended Pleasant Grove High School where he started playing football. After high school, he committed to Samford University. He played college football for the Samford Bulldogs.
James Bradberry NFL Career
- James Bradberry entered the 2016 NFL Draft.
- The Caroline Panthers selected him in the second round of the 2016 NFL Draft.
- He signed a four-year rookie contract worth $3.69 million with the Panthers.
- He won the starting cornerback competing against Robert McClain.
- He made his professional regular-season debut in the Panthers’ season-opener at the Denver Broncos.
- He made his first career tackle on running back C. J. Anderson.
- He made two combined tackles, two pass deflections, and made his first career interception off a pass by quarterback Blaine Gabbert in the Panthers’ 46–27 victory against the San Francisco 49ers in Week 2.
- He became Panther’s no. 1 cornerback after the Panthers released Bene Benwikere in October 2016.
- He missed Weeks 5 to Week 8 due to a severe case of turf toe injury.
- He finished his rookie season with 59 combined tackles (47 solo), 10 pass deflections, and 2 interceptions in 13 games and 13 starts.
- He became the top-ranked rookie cornerback and the franchise’s top defensive back.
- He missed a month due to an injury in mid-2017. He suffered a fractured wrist during OTAs and was ruled out for a least a month.
- He finished the 2017 season with 85 combined tackles (66 solo), 10 pass deflections, 3 interceptions, and one sack in 16 games and 16 starts.
- The Panthers finished second in the NFC South with an 11-5 record and received a Wildcard berth.
- He recorded 7 combined tackles in his first career playoff game against the New Orleans Saints.
- He finished the 2018 season with 70 combined tackles, 15 pass deflections, one interception, and one sack in 16 games and 16 starts. He led the franchise in pass deflections.
- Bradberry signed a three-year contract worth $45 million with the New York Giants in March 2020.
- He was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list by the Giants in December 2020.
- He was named to his first Pro Bowl in 2020.
Who is James Bradberry Wife?
James Bradberry maintains a low profile regarding his personal life. It is not clear whether he is married or not. He has a private life. More details about his dating, relationships, partner, and personal life will be updated here.
How Tall is James Bradberry?
James Bradberry stands at a height of 1.85 m i.e. 6 feet and 1 inch tall. He has a body weight of around 212 lbs i.e. 96 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. He usually shaves his hair bald and keeps a beard. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is James Bradberry Salary and Net Worth?
James Bradberry earns from his professional career as a football player. He is currently playing in the NFL. The Caroline Panthers drafted him in the second round of the 2016 NFL Draft, where he spent 4 seasons. He had signed a four-year rookie contract worth $3.69 million in 2016. After completing his contract with the Panthers, he signed with the Giants. He signed a three-year contract with the Giants worth $45 million in March 2020. His salary is reported at around $15 million annually. His net worth is estimated at around $2 million at present.
Did You Know?
- He was the 11th cornerback selected in 2016.
- He was the first of three cornerbacks drafted by the Panthers.
- Pro Football Focus gave Bradberry an overall grade of 82.6, ranking him 20th among all cornerbacks in 2016, his rookie NFL season.
- He wears shirt number 24 for the Giants.