Quick Facts About Edwin Cardona
|Celebrated Name||Edwin Cardona|
|Birth Name||Edwin Andres Cardona Bedoya|
|Place Of Birth||Medellín, Colombia|
|Father||Andres Giovanni Cardona|
|Source of Wealth||Football career|
|Net Worth||$1 million to $5 million|
|Height||1.9 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
- Being a Colombian professional footballer.
- For playing for Argentine Primera Division club Boca Juniors.
What is the Nationality of Edwin Cardona?
On 8th December 1992, Edwin Cardona took birth in Medellin, Colombia holding Colombian nationality. His real name is Edwin Andres Cardona Bedoya. Cardona came from Colombian-white ethnic background. His religion is Christian and his race is white. He has celebrated his 28th birthday as of 2020 whereas he will be celebrating his 29th birthday in the December of 2021. As per his birthdate, his star sign is Sagittarius. He was born to his father, Andres Giovanni Cardona, and his mother, Paula Bedoya. He has two siblings named Mateo Cardona and Yeraldine Cardona Bedoya.
How was the Football Career of Edwin Cardona?
- Edwin Cardona jumps off his football career debuting in 2009 with Atletico Nacional which led him to get called up for the Colombian under-20 team.
- He won an Apertura with Nacional in 2011 as well as he won the 2012 Apertura.
- He went on to dispute the final of the 2014 Copa Sudamericana during his most prominent time at the club. He was also included in Star XI of the Americas.
- Edwin signed for Liga MX club Monterrey on 16th December 2014 and scored his first goal for Los Rayados on 18th January 2015, netting against Pachuca for the 2014 Clausura.
- His first brace would come on 7th March against Toluca whereas he scored his second brace on 16th August 2015 against Dorados de Sinaloa for the 2015 Apertura.
- He scored a goal against Club Tijuana by chipping it past Argentine keeper Federico Vilar on match-day 14 and netted another brace against Jaguares de Chiapas which earned him the man of the match award in the following 8th April.
- The Colombian international joined Argentine giants Boca Juniors on a year-long loan plus a possible six months added if the club advances to the round of 16 at the 2018 Copa Libertadores on 18th July 2017. Monterrey set a $6 million price tag for Cardona if he were to be signed permanently by Boca Juniors.
- He made his official debut against Gimnasia y Tiro for the Copa Argentina where he provided an assist and scored a goal in a 5-0 victory on 14th August.
- Later, he made his Superclasico debut on 5th November, scoring a free-kick goal in an eventual 1-2 away win for the “Xeneizes”.
- Edwin represented his country at the 2009 South American Under-17 Football Championship in Chile. He became the top scorer with 7 goals in 7 matches, including a hat-trick in a 3-0 win against Ecuador.
- As well, he tremendously helped his country qualify for the 2009 FIFA U-17 World Cup due to take place in Nigeria from 24th October to 15th November.
- He was also selected to play for his country in the 2011 Toulon Tournament in France as well as Cardona was called up to the Colombian senior team on 3rd October 2014. He made his senior debut against El Salvador.
- On 3rd November 2014, he was called up again for Colombia’s national team whereas he assisted Teofilo Gutierrez in the 86th minute winning goal for an eventual 2-1 victory over the U.S.
- He scores his first goal for the national team against Kuwait in a 3-1 victory and scored his first goal during an official competition with the Colombian senior team during the CONMEBOL qualifiers for the Russia 2018 World Cup match against Peru which was won by Colombia 2-0.
- Edwin was named in Colombia’s preliminary 35 man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in May 2018. Though, he did not make the final 23-man-cut.
- In addition, FIFA banned Cardona for five international games in December 2017, although he would still be able to participate in the upcoming World Cup.
- Club Tijuana 31/12/2021 at the end of the loan
- Boca Juniors 18/08/2020 for loan
- Club Tijuana 31/01/2020 for free
- Monterrey 31/12/2019 at the end of the loan
- Pachuca 01/01/2019 for loan
- Monterrey 31/12/2018 at end of the loan
- Boca Juniors 17/07/2017 for loan
- Monterrey 01/01/2015 for 4.2M €
- Atletico Nacional 31/12/2013 at end of loan
- Atletico Junior 01/01/2013 for loan
- Atletico Nacional 31/12/2012 at end of loan
- Independiente Santa Fe 01/01/2012 from Atletico Nacional for loan
Awards and Achivements
- Categoria Primera A (2): 2011-I, 2014-I
- Copa Sudamericana runner-up: 2014
Independiente Santa Fe
- Categoria Primera A: 2012-I
- Liga MX runner-up: Clausura 2016
- Argentine Primera Division: 2017-2018
- Supercopa Argentina runner-up: 2017
- Copa Libertadores runner-up: 2018
- Toulon Tournament: 2011
- Copa America: Third place 2016
- South American Under-17 Football Championship top scorer: 2009
- Star XI of the Americas: 2014
Who is Edwin Cardona Wife?
Edwin Cardona is a married footballer. He tied a knot with his beautiful wife, Carolina Castan on 2nd July 2016. They both seem extremely happy in their domestic life. She’s supportive of him and the profession that he is in. The couple is blessed with three children named Ana Maria Cardona Castano, Maria Angel Cardona Castano. Furthermore, Edwin’s sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Edwin Cardona Net Worth?
The estimated net worth of versatile footballer Edwin Cardona is around $1 million to $5 million as of 2021. His present market value is €4.3 million as of June 2021 whereas his highest market value is €6 Million as of August 2016. At present, he is receiving £260,000 as an annual salary whereas his yearly salary is £400,000. His major source of wealth comes from his football career and he is satisfied with his earnings.
What is the Height of Edwin Cardona?
The height of a handsome guy, Edwin Cardona is 1.9 m (6 ft 3 in) whereas his body weighs around 81 kg. He is an athletic body build. He has maintained his body a lot by doing frequent exercise. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. This talented footballer, Edwin has got very attractive body measurements.
Did You Know?
- Edwin has played alongside goalkeeper Jonathan Orozco at Monterrey.
- He began playing youth soccer for Atletico Nacional in 2006.
- He became the top goal-scorer at the 2009 South American Under-17 Football Championship.
- He won Categoria Primera A titles with Atletico Nacional and Independiente Santa Fe.
- In December 2017 FIFA banned Cardona for five international games, although he would still be able to participate in the upcoming World Cup.