Delta Lea Godrem AM is an Australian singer, songwriter, and actress. Goodrem signed to Sony Music at the age of 15. Her debut album, Innocent Eyes, topped the ARIA Albums Chart for 29 non-consecutive weeks.
|Celebrated Name||Delta Goodrem|
|Age (As of 2023):||38 Years of 2023|
|Nick Name||Delta Goodrem|
|Birth Name||Delta Goodrem|
Besides, she is active on social media sites with over 467k followers on her verified Twitter: @DeltaGoodrem and over 608k followers on her Instagram: @deltagoodrem.
What is Delta Goodrem Famous for?
- Famous as a singer-songwriter.
- Known for her debut album, “Innocent Eyes”.
Where was Delta Goodrem Born?
Delta Goodrem was born on November 9, 1984, in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Her birth name is Delta Lea Goodrem. Her nationality is Australian. Goodrem belongs to the White ethnicity while Scorpio is her zodiac sign.
Born as the daughter of her parents; Denis Goodrem(father) and Lea Goodrem(mother), Delta grew up alongside her younger brother, Trent, who currently is a football player.
Until the age of 11, she attended Hills Grammar School in Sydney, developing more interest and passion for singing and acting. She was just 7 when she began to take music, dancing, and acting lessons, and even did an advertisement for Galoob Toy Company.
During the same time, she appeared in many other advertisements and minor shows as well including “Hey Dad..!” and “A Country Practice”. She was just 13 when he recorded her first-ever five-song demo CD and sent it to Sydney Swans. Shortly after she was signed by Glenn Wheatley to an artist development deal with an independent label, Empire Records.
Delta Goodrem’s Career Highlights
- Delta Goodrem started her career working on 13 tracks for the album ‘Delta’ in 1999 at age of 15. It however was never released due to legal issues.
- She gained initial recognition when she portrayed Nina Tucker in the TV show, “Neighbours” in 2002.
- Her piano-based ballad, ‘Born to Try’ premiered on the “Neighbours” show which reached No. 1 on ARIA Singles Chart.
- Her self-penned debut album, “Innocent Eyes” was released on 24 March 2003, in Australia. It debuted at no. 1 on the ARIA Album Charts, breaking several Australian records as it charted at no. 1 for 29 consecutive weeks.
- The album included songs ‘Born to Try’, ‘Lost Without You, ‘Innocent Eyes’, ‘Not Me, Not I’, and ‘Predictable’.
- Her second album ‘Mistaken Identity’ was released on November 8, 2004. IT also became a hit that also debuted at no. 1 on the charts.
- She made her professional acting debut with her film appearance, ‘Hating Alison Ashle” in 2005.
- The same year, she went on her tour of Australia selling over 80k tickets.
- She performed her new song, ‘Together We Are One, at the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony in 2006.
- In June 2006, she signed to Modest! Entertainment for her worldwide promotion.
- Her third studio album, ‘Delta’, was released in October 2007. It became her third consecutive album to peak at No. 1 on the ARIA Albums Chart.
- The singles, “In This Life” and “Believe Again” were also released the same year followed by “You Will Only Break My Heart” in 2008.
- She appeared as one of the judges for an Australian version of the reality TV series, “The Voice” in 2012. She appeared in the show for several seasons.
- The same year, her single, “Sitting on Top of the World” was released which also turned out to be a hit.
- Her fourth studio album, ‘Child of the Universe released in October 2012, debuted at No. 2 on the ARIA Charts.
- She also became a part of the Australian version of “The Voice Kids” and coached the winner of the season.
- Her single titled “Only Human” was released in March 2015.
- She also appeared in a documentary special celebrating the anniversary titled Neighbours 30th: The Stars Reunite.
- Her lead single, “Wings” from her fifth studio album, “Wings of the Wild” released in 2015 also peaked at no. 1 on the ARIA Charts and was certified double platinum.
- In 2016, she made her musical theatre debut playing Grizabella in an Australian version of Cats.
- She made her debut on the television drama, “House Husbands” in 2017.
- On 15 February 2018, Goodrem released a single, “Think About You”.
- She played the role of Olivia Newton-John in the Newton-John biopic called Olivia Newton-John: Hopelessly Devoted To You in 2018.
- The same year, she released a covers soundtrack album called I Honestly Love You.
- In January 2020, her charity single, “Let It Rain” was released in aid of the 2019–2020 bushfires in Australia.
- On November 12, 2020, she released her sixth studio album and first Christmas album, “Only Santa Knows”.
- On May 14, 2021, she released her seventh album titled “Bridge over Troubled Dreams”.
- 3 World Music Awards
- 9 ARIA Music Awards
- 14 ARIA No. 1 Awards
- 1 MTV Video Music Award,
- 3 MTV Australia Video Music Awards, and ‘Most Popular New Talent Logie Award
Delta Goodrem’s Boyfriend “Relationship”
Delta Goodrem had been in a nine-month relationship with Australian tennis player, Mark Philippoussis in 2004. Though their relationship didn’t last long, Mark was with her during her battle with cancer about which she even mentioned him in her single, “Out of the Blue”.
In the same year in 2004, she began dating an Irish singer, songwriter, television presenter, and former Westlife singer, Brian McFadden. The couple even collaborated on the song, “Almost There”. They even got engaged however ended up getting separated in 2011 after almost 7 years of their relationship.
A month later of her separation, she began dating American singer, Nick Jonas, and eventually, they broke up in 2012. She also dated Darren McMullen and Drew Mitchell. After many failed relationships, she finally got with her perfect match, fellow musician Matthew Copley. The couple has been in a relationship since late 2017 now for over 4 years.
Matthew and Delta however have kept their relationship quite private and haven’t revealed yet whether they’re engaged or married or anything. However back in September 2020, some fans spotted signs on both Delta and Matthew’s fingers during one of their Bunkerdown Session performances.” In response to all the gossip, she said; “I understand that people are interested, and I get it. I think that’s a lovely thing. But [keeping things private] feels right.”
Besides, in just the starting moment of her career, back in July 2003, Delta Goodrem was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma at the age of 18. She was battling cancer at the time when she wanted to do big, however, fortunately, she survived fighting the disease.
Delta Goodrem’s Net Worth
Delta Goodrem has quite good earnings from her professional career as a singer-songwriter and actress. Having her career started at the young age of 15 appearing in commercials and shows, and making her way in the music industry with the release of her debut album at age of 18 in 2002, Delta has managed to come a long way becoming one of the popular female Australian singers of all time.
Her source of income is surely her music deals, her albums, tours, her appearances in movies, and also being one of the judges on “The Voice”.
Besides, she has endorsed many products and even has appeared in several advertisements for brands like Pepsi, Sunsilk, Sanitarium, So Good, and Nesquik. Adding up her income, Delta has an estimated net worth estimated to be around $16 Million.
Delta Goodrem’s Height
Delta Goodrem is a gorgeous lady with a well-maintained hourglass body physique in her 30s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 10inches. while her body weighs around 58kg(132 lbs). She has her own bold and sweet personality which can be certain through her body features which measure around 36-25-36 inches with a bra size of 34B, 6(US) as her dress size, and 9(US) as her shoe size.
She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes.