The yellow card is one of the most important requirements for travelers today. This is particularly important for people looking to travel to countries within Africa and certain American countries including Argentina and Brazil.
Yellow cards, also called Yellow Fever Cards or certificates, are required as proof that the traveler has received a vaccination against the Yellow Fever disease, which is quite prominent in those areas.
With a lot established about the importance of Yellow Card acquisitions already, this post takes a look at how much it cost to get one in Nigeria today.
How Much Does Yellow Card Cost in Nigeria Today?
The yellow card is one of the cheapest vaccination cards to get in Nigeria today. The card has a fixed price across the country and does not depend on any factor, at least, for now. As it stands, Yellow Card costs N2, 000 in every part of the country.
Process of Acquiring Yellow Card in Nigeria
Acquiring Yellow Card in Nigeria is not stressful. Thanks to advancements in technology, one can now apply for the certification online and follow basic procedures to acquire the Yellow Card. See the steps to follow below:
- Logon to the Yellow Card Authority Website – This is the first step to take when looking to get the yellow card. Get a mobile phone or computer that has internet access and log on to the website of the body issuing the yellow card. For ease, you can log to the website https://yellowcardnigeria.com/.
- Once the page opens, click the “register” button to take you to the next page.
- The next page is the registration page. Here, you are required to fill in your personal information. It is very important to be careful here. Cautiously fill in all the required information and be are they are correct. A mistake here could derail the whole process and might even require you to start all over again.
- After you have successfully filled in your personal details, you can then proceed to click on the “pay now” button. This helps you generate a payment receipt that will enable you to make payment.
- The next page gives you an option to either pay online, which will require you to pay with your ATM card details or you pay at the bank. If you are paying at the bank, you will be required to take the printed generated receipt to the bank and pay.
- After you have made the payment, you can then proceed to Port Health Centres with your evidence of payment and a copy of the biodata form you filled out. Please noted that you might not be attended to if you do not go along with evidence of payment or the biodata form you filled out.
- Once confirmed, the vaccine will be administered to you and the car will be issued to you.
Yellow Card – What You Should Know About the Card
The yellow card is a license of vaccination to indicate that travelers have been vaccinated against yellow fever. Yellow fever is a mosquito-borne virus-related disease largely domiciled in Africa and some South American countries. Depending on the situation and extent, the infection can range from minor to severe. As it stands, vaccination is seen to be the best way to protect against the virus.
The yellow fever vaccine delivers defense against the virus for people that are traveling and those living in areas where the virus is prominent. As it stands, the vaccine is only administered through an injection. They are administered in order to avert an eruption of the virus and to protect travelers that could be exposed to infection in areas where the disease is predominant.
There were a series of reports surrounding the issuance of fake yellow cards in Nigeria. This case, which a lot of people, as well as the card issuers, complained about, prompted the Federal government to devise a means to both monitor and administer the distribution and whole control around the card issuance.
The introduction of the e-process for registration has been significantly embraced by both the general public and the government. This means you can initiate registration and payment before you head to the Port health services for the injection and acquisition of the card.
The new electronic yellow card is accounted for and there is no room for fake versions. The e-commerce yellow card is machine-readable and can even store the holder’s vaccination details and history.
The new Yellow fever cards are valid for about ten years from the day the holder is vaccinated. It should also be noted that as long as your yellow card is still valid (still within the 10-year margin), you would not need to take the vaccination till it expires. The yellow card stands as evidence that the holder has been vaccinated.
Countries at Risk of Yellow Fever Virus
Not all countries are prone to the yellow fever virus. While Africa and South America remain the chief habitation of the fever, not all countries in these zones are affected. Here are some of the identifiable countries that are at risk of the yellow fever virus;
AFRICA – Angola, Benin, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Togo, Uganda, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Mali.
AMERICAS – Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela.