Jane Chika Oranika, known mononymously as Chika, is an American rapper. She first garnered attention on social media before signing to Warner Records in 2019. The following year, she was included in XXL’s 2020 Freshman Class and was nominated for the Grammy Award for Best New Artist.
|Birth Name||Jane Chika Oranika|
25 Years of 2023
|Place Of Birth||Montgomery, Alabama, U.S.|
|Father||Dr. Emmanual Oranika|
|Mother||Dr. Patience Oranika|
|University||University of South Alabama|
|Source of Wealth||Rapping career|
|Net Worth||$1 million|
|Height||5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm|
|Weight||88 kg or 194 lbs|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
- Being an American rapper.
- For her freestyle takedown of Kanye West that she recorded and released over his own beat on the song “Jesus Walks”.
What is Chika’s Real Name?
Chika was born on 9th March 1997 with the real name of Jane Chika Oranika in Montgomery, Alabama, U.S. She is of American nationality and she came from Nigerian-American ethnic background. Similarly, her religious belief is in the Christian religion. Chika has celebrated her 24th birthday as of 2021 and as per her birth date, her zodiac sign is Pisces. Thus, her race is black. She is the daughter of her father, Dr. Emmanual Oranika, and her mother, Dr. Patience Oranika. She has two older sisters.
Regarding Chika’s education, she attended Booker T. Washington Magnet High School. She was accepted at the prestigious Berklee College of Music, but due to tuition costs, she enrolled at the University of South Alabama instead. She dropped out after her first year to focus on a music career.
Chika Rapper Career:
- Chika jumps off her career posting a video on Instagram where she covers herself in the pale foundation, saying “African-American? Never felt that never heard of that, never tasted that, never smelled that”.
- She created the #EgoChallenge in 2017 as well as released a Pride-themed remix of Ed Sheeran’s “Shape of You” in the following year.
- She released an independent EP of poetry called “Full Bloom” on 4th June 2017 whereas she went viral for a freestyle addressed at Kanye West over West’s own “Jesus Walks” beat in 2018.
- She also released a freestyle dedicated to Nia Wilson. In August 2018, she featured on Rachel Crow’s single “Coulda Told Me”.
- In April 2019, she released her debut single, “No Squares” and signed a deal with Warner Records. She released two more singles as a lead artist in 2019: “High Rises” and “Can’t Explain It” featuring Charlie Wilson.
- She also featured on JoJo’s “Sabotage”, which reached number 18 on the Billboard US R&B Digital Downloads.
- Chika announced in December 2019 that she was working on her debut extended play titled “Industry Games” and she also confirmed the title on 23rd January 2020 and posted snippets of music from the EP, telling followers the release was two months away. She released the EP’s titular single on 18th February. The EP was released on 12th March 2020.
- As well, she was included in “XXL”‘s 2020 Freshman Class. on 11th August 2020.
- She announced on 11th March 2021 that her second EP “Once Upon A Time” would be released at midnight.
- Besides, she posted a widely publicized note to her Twitter account on 10th April 2021 explaining her decision to retire from music while reflecting on the “mental toll” that life as a musician in the spotlight had taken on her health.
- Apart from music, Chika had a role as a high school student in the 2020 Netflix Original film “Project Power”. She also contributed to the track “My Power”.
- Also, she participated in a “Business of Fashion” panel at Paris Fashion Week and posed for the December cover of “Teen Vogue” in 2019. She was recognized by “Business of Fashion” as one of the top 500 people shaping the fashion industry in 2019.
- Furthermore, Chika has recently released her non-album single, “Too Much Sun in LA” in 2021.
Chika Girlfriend: Is Chika Married?
Chika is an unmarried lady. She is presently believed to be single. But, on 14th February 2018, she posted an interesting tweet on her Twitter stating that she has found her girlfriend named Kailyn. Chika might be dating her potential lady love whom she mentions on Twitter, but, for now, her true relationship status is still a mystery. Concerning her sexual orientation, she is bisexual. She identifies as bisexual and addresses her sexuality in her music and videos.
What is Chika’s Net Worth?
Chika is a versatile rapper who has a net worth of $1 million as of 2021. She has also a handsome amount of salary which is also thousands of dollars per year. She has earned a hefty amount from her song release, attending live shows, featuring in fashion covers, and merchandising sales. Chika was also featured in a Calvin Klein #MyCalvins advertisement in MAy 2019, also writing poetry for the brand’s S/S 2019 campaign. In addition, her major source of income is from her rapping career.
How tall is Chika?
Chika has an ideal height of 5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm whereas her body weighs around 88 kg or 194 lbs. She has black hair and dark brown eyes color. Chika also has inked some tattoos on her body. Moreover, her body build type is large. Her body measurements are not available at the moment