Arushi Nishank is an Indian film actress, producer, socialist militant, and environmentalist. She presided over the International Women Empowerment Program in Dubai in 2018 and New Delhi in 2019. In 2020 Arushi became one of the 20 women of excellence in 2019. She was honored at a congressional ceremony in Chicago. Arushi now serves as Chairman of the Himalayan Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital in Dehradun.
Arushi Nishank Biography:
|Real Name||Arushi Nishank|
|Profession||Actress, Film Producer, Socialist Militant, Environmentalist, and Dancer|
|Date of Birth||17 September 1986|
|Age (As of 2023)||36 Years of 2023|
|Birth Place||Kotdwar, Uttarakhand, India|
|Home Town||Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India|
|Family||Mother : Late Kusum Kanta Pokhriyal
Father: Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
Sister: Dr. Shreyashi Nishank and Vidushi Nishank
Brother: Not Available
|Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Arushi Nishank Birth & Family:
Arushi Nishank was born on 17 September 1986 in Kotdwar, Uttarakhand. Her father’s name is Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank who is India’s Union Cabinet Minister, and her mother’s name is Kusum Kanta Pokhriyal. She has two siblings named Captain Dr. Shreyashi Nishank and Vidushi Nishank. She completed her graduation from the University of Cambridge.
Arushi Nishank Biography/Wiki:
|Profession||International Kathak Exponent, Environmentalist, Social Activist, Film Producer|
|Famous For||Being the daughter of Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank (former Chief Minister of Uttarakhand and Minister of Education of India)|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 161 cm
in meters– 1.61 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 3”
|Eye Colour||Hazel Green|
|Debut||Film: Tarini (expected release in 2021)|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Champions of Change award 2019 for working in the field of environmental safety
• Global Woman Empowerment award in December 2019
• Two awards for her film ‘Major Nirala’ at Global Taj International Film Festival in 2019
|Date of Birth||17 September 1986 (Wednesday)|
|Age (As of 2023)||36 Years of 2023|
|Birthplace||Kotdwar, Uttar Pradesh (now in Uttarakhand)|
|College/University||University of Cambridge|
|Educational Qualification||PGDM |
|Food Habit||Vegetarian |
|Political Inclination||Bharatiya Janata Party |
Relationships & More
|Marriage Date||24 January 2015|
|Husband||Abhinav Pant (Entrepreneur)|
|Parents||Father– Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank (Minister of Education)
Mother– Kusum Kanta Pokhriyal
|Siblings||Sister-Captain Dr Shreyashi Nishank and Vidushi Nishank|
Arushi made its debut as a producer of the regional movie Major Nirala in 2018. The film is based on a novel written by her father Ramesh Pokhriyal. She began her acting career with the movie Tarini in 2021. The film focuses on the voyage of six Indian naval officers who crossed the world in 254 days.
Arushi is a world-renowned classical Indian Kathak dancer. She has performed extensively in international venues like London, Germany, Canada, and Dubai. She created and choreographed the composition Ganga Avataran, as a performer in Dubai, a tale about the goddess Ganga arriving on Earth.
Arushi has a long-standing commitment to environmental well-being with his father. Both Ramesh Pokhriyal and Arushi Nishank launched the campaign to make the public aware of the growing problem of pollution in the Ganga river and encourage people to rescue and clean up the Ganga. The campaign got advertised in five different countries.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arushi Nishank:
- Arushi Nishank is an International Kathak Exponent, Social Activist, Film Producer and Environmentalist. She is the eldest daughter of the Minister of Education and the former Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank. She has two younger sisters, Shreyashi Nishank and Vidushi Nishank. Shreyashi is a doctor in the army and Vidushi is an aspiring lawyer, and she has completed her LLB from Amity University.
- Arushi Nishank is a professionally trained Indian classical dancer. She was a student of the world-renowned Kathak dancer Pandit Birju Maharaj. Ganga Avataran, a dance performance that tells the story of Goddess Ganga coming to Earth, was choreographed by her.
- Started in 2009 by Ramesh Pokhriyal, the Sparsh Ganga Campaign is a movement that was started to promote environmental awareness about the problems related to the Ganga river. Arushi Nishank is the co-founder and chairperson of the movement, and she often visits different cities to promote the campaign.
- Arushi Nishank also chaired the International Women Empowerment Program in Dubai in 2018 and New Delhi in 2019.
- Arushi is making her Bollywood debut as an actress in 2021 with the movie ‘Tarini.’ T-Series revealed the first look of the movie on 8 March 2021 as they posted a picture of the poster of the movie. The movie is about the journey of six Indian women naval officers who sailed across the globe in 254 days.
- Even though she is making her debut as an actress in 2021, Arushi had already produced a regional film ‘Major Nirala’ in 2018. The movie was based on the novel written by her father, Ramesh Pokhriyal.
- In April 2020, when the COVID-19 pandemic had just hit the nation, Arushi with the help of her Sparsh Ganga campaign teamed up with AquaKraft and distributed 10,000 cloth masks to army officials in New Delhi, Roorkee, and Haridwar.
- In February 2021, Arushi Nishank was invited as a speaker for TEDx Mount Abu School. She talked about the importance of the environment and the Sparsh Ganga campaign.
- Arushi Nishank is a fitness enthusiast, and she follows a very strict fitness regime. She often posts photos and videos from her workout sessions on her Instagram account.
- In her leisure time, Arushi likes to go out on vacations with her family and friends.
- In 2020, Arushi Nishank was among the top 20 Global Women of Excellence 2019. She was given an award during a congressional ceremony, which was held in Chicago.
- Arushi is an animal lover, and she has a pet beagle dog named Tazz.
- Arushi is often seen on various news channels during debates regarding the environment and other important topics.
- As an environmentalist, Arushi actively participates in and promotes environment-friendly activities. Arushi gives a plant as a birthday gift to all her family, friends, and professional connections.